Tuesday 24 March 2009

gestation of the beast

Since the early days of our species, we have tried to use technology to harness and control nature for our benefit.
This blog will look at the technology that we've developed, in any form, but with an eye on nature as well, and how technology can be used to actually lessen our footprint on this planet. I enjoy technology, but its use is often a problem. It breeds consumerism which will be the death of us and our planet. Newer, bigger, faster. It has in fact led us to this financial catastrophe. Instead, I'm very interested in things which cost nothing, and yet fulfill a purpose.

On one big issue: I believe that cars should be a toy only. Commuters should just find another solution. So I enjoy being around cars, but I don't actually have access to one most of the time. But when I do grab one, it's usually for a rip around a race track. Do I think this is schizophrenic? Maybe.

Cosine67, ahead of the (sine) curve